Green Building is the Efficient and Environmentally friendly way to build a custom Home in Springfield, MO
Custom home builder, Brett Godfrey obtained his Certified Green Professional (CGP) credentials from the National Association of Home Builders in 2008. The responsibility of the Certified Green Professional is to help clients navigate vast amounts of information and evaluate numerous options.
Brett guides his clients through implementation of ideas that are determined to be the most cost-effective and environmentally friendly. Because not all Green practices are appropriate for all climates, terrains and budgets, Brett guides his clients through the options to help make the best decisions for their circumstances when planning a custom home in southwest Missouri.
Brett also makes it a priority to keep up with the current State and Federal tax credits as well as rebates that can help offset some of the "Green Building" expenses. Planning your next custom home is important, as some requirements must be met at specific points in the construction process. If everything is not implemented and documented appropriately, eligibility for these credits and rebates may be lost.
"Building Green" means one hundred different things to one hundred different people. For an excellent overview of what "Building Green" is all about check out this extensive overview. Sometimes, what we think is the environmentally sound thing to do, isn't really the best option for the environment. It is extremely important that you obtain the services of a professional to evaluate your options.
HOW A HOME BECOMES GREEN
What makes a new custom house Green?
What's in it for me to build my next custom home Green?
- Decreased Utility Consumption
- Increased Indoor Comfort
- Decreased Maintenance
- Healthier Living Environment
- Improved Air Quality
- Controlled Moisture
- Reduced Waste Products
- Reduced Water Consumption
- Increased Resale Value
- Environmentally Responsible
- Minimization of Air Infiltration
- Site/Plan Selection
- Proper Insulation Selection and Installation
- Advanced Framing Techniques
- Efficient Mechanical Systems Sized Appropriately
- Tankless Hot Water Heaters
- Fresh Air Ventilation
- Site Specific Landscaping
- Use of Renewable Products
- Waste Recycling Plan
- Minimization of Waste
- Reduction of Air Leakage in Ducts
- Proper Attic Ventilation
- Kitchen and Bath Ventilation
- Rainwater Collection Systems
- Energy Star Rated Appliances and Lights
- Energy Star Rated Windows and Doors
Popular New Custom Home Green Building Links